English (American)  中文(简体)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indie Prize + HF... on Steam?
Here are some news from Marti:

Marti Wong Wrote:I attended 2 conferences: Casual Connect & Digital Taipei and here's the summary:

In Casual Connect, I was a bit frustrated. Not because HFX didn't get any prize. There were a few of US visitors said HFX is a copycat after watching the demo. When I asked what game did it copy. They couldn't tell and one said "Nevermind". it really pissed me off. I believe HFX is quite unique and has a lot of my original ideas. If they were willing to spend a few minutes to try the game, they might change their mind. May be some bad experience with some Chinese companies made them biased. I also met some LF2 and HF fans. But it seems to me that most of the US players tend to like the no-brianer and casual games. HFX is just too hard-core and "heavy" for them. I am happy to met some Indies, friends from the game industry (Hui-Ku Shih and NiTe Luo), and some publishers. We talked for a while and I figured out how to fix the monetisation problem. As I need to do the development and testing alone, it will take weeks to finish the next update.

In Digital Taipei, I met 炎羅, I truly appreciate his advice and tips. LF is still quite famous in Taiwan. I took pictures with many LF fans. Compared to the US trip, I felt much warmer in Taiwan. Besides talking to the people, I attended some seminars and learnt alot.

Now, I am back and I need to focus on the update of HFX mobile version again. I am start to doubt, should I make the steam version? It is just too slow and time consuming to do the steam in a one man team. Should I change my priority? Get rid of the indie status first before considering to do steam?
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The meaning of life is to give life a meaning.
Stop existing. Start living.

Messages In This Thread
Indie Prize + HF... on Steam? - by MangaD - 16-07-2015, 02:06 PM
RE: Indie Prize + HF... on Steam? - by Dragon5 - 16-07-2015, 08:22 PM
RE: Indie Prize + HF... on Steam? - by Deep - 17-07-2015, 01:01 PM
RE: Indie Prize + HF... on Steam? - by MangaD - 12-09-2015, 08:40 PM
RE: Indie Prize + HF... on Steam? - by Hellblazer - 13-09-2015, 03:22 PM
RE: Indie Prize + HF... on Steam? - by ~Leonard~ - 26-04-2016, 02:38 AM