English (American)  中文(简体)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Mod] Balance Project
Star 
I always said I would look into rebalancing the game if we could get access to the files. Here we are now. I don't have the same energy or time I used to have anymore, so how far I go depends on a few things: How much support I get, and how much help I can get.
I just messed around with a few things just to see if I could do it. I'm not asking much for help. Right now I'd just like to know how to look for regular moves, because I only found the code for specials so far.

[color=var(--link-color)]Download here[/color]

Initial Changes (Click to View)
Full list (Click to View)
The following 1 user says Thank You to Dragon5 for this post:
  • MangaD
Hello, nice to see you around here again!

There has been an attempt by the Chinese community to balance the game, they call the mod HFE (HF Equilibrium). In fact most of their mods are based on it. Although it is unfinished and has Yaga and Azrael on it.

Nevertheless, it is nice to see that there are different approaches to tackle this issue. Unfortunately, I haven't modified any moves myself and those who have (BEBD and So Louis among a few others) have not yet made any tutorials that I'm aware about. I'll query them about this and will get back to you when I have an answer.  Az
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The meaning of life is to give life a meaning.
Stop existing. Start living.
I appreciate it. I did try Equilibrium and while some of the changes are interesting, it seems some characters were untouched like Giggs. I was also a bit iffy with characters being replaced. Iczzy was actually my favorite of the Big Three and the one I intend to get to first since he had some issues that are easier to fix.
I'm also trying to figure out animation timing, because that would greatly help me further tweak characters like Drew who really needs some attacks slowed down.
Nirvana asked if I changed Giggs's Staff Rush's guard properties and made me remember how pitiful it was against guards. So...

An Update (Click to View)
All right so, I've asked @S*LuEX about it and he said to look into globalDat (id=142). Attack_47 for example is about Lucas' uppercut. Communication with Chinese players is difficult because they do not understand English well. It is better if you describe something specific that you'd like to achieve so that they can give us the steps.

Ideally we'd have someone making tutorials for all this but it's unlikely that the Chinese will make ones that we can understand.
I knew where specials were, but after looking a bit further I did find the basic attacks. I suppose the next thing I want to look for is how to adjust animations, specifically animation speeds since Drew's jump kick and Vivian's attack string needs attention.

On another note, here's what happened when I messed with the stun values.
[Image: 10stun.gif]
I'm going to reduce it to 1/10th of that value so he can get a bit more advantage instead of nothing. It's not as much as a normal hit, but it should help him out since it was originally 0.
(12-02-2020, 05:33 AM)Dragon5 Wrote: I suppose the next thing I want to look for is how to adjust animations, specifically animation speeds since Drew's jump kick

You'll find frames' data in SPT files. Drew's SPT file has id=229. Open that file and search for "name": "JUMP_ATTACK". You should find the following:

"50": {
    "HFW_classNameXXX": "Data.Action",
    "selfLoop": false,
    "nextAi": -1.0,
    "allowTurnFace": false,
    "nextAti": -1.0,
    "frame": null,
    "aiz2": 0.0,
    "special": -1.0,
    "landAti": -1.0,
    "landAi": -1.0,
    "nextAgi": -1.0,
    "name": "JUMP_ATTACK",
    "a_keyTgr": null,
    "landAgi": -1.0,
    "frameIndex": 146.0,
    "aix1b": 0.0,
    "mpBurn": 0.0,
    "index": 50.0,
    "aix2": 0.0,
    "aiz1": 0.0,
    "nextActionName": null,
    "type": -1.0,
    "aix2b": 0.0,
    "aix1": 0.0,
    "landActionName": null
},

Notice that frameIndex is 146, that's the frame where JUMP_ATTACK begins. Now you can search for "146" and you'll find that frame. All subsequent frames with "name": "jump_attack" belong to that motion. Every frame has a duration attribute, you can increase it to slow down the motion. Good luck!
(12-02-2020, 04:16 PM)MangaD Wrote: Notice that frameIndex is 146, that's the frame where JUMP_ATTACK begins. Now you can search for "146" and you'll find that frame. All subsequent frames with "name": "jump_attack" belong to that motion. Every frame has a duration attribute, you can increase it to slow down the motion. Good luck!
That was extremely helpful. Thank you so much.

Kind of a big update. I did four characters with more extensive changing than last time. Same link as before.

Update overview (Click to View)
Next I'll start with Lucas and Leo, and probably hurt-time extension.

HOT FIX: It turns out my updated costs for Eason weren't applied. This version also replaces S. Eason's Jump attack with his Leap Slam. I plan to make it function like a normal jump attack when used outside of the input command.
If you'd like to change where Shawn's arrow spawns, or any other projectile, you'll find the data for it in globalDat (id=142). Find the PtWithName of the projectile (10 for Shawn's arrow, standing) and change the velocity attributes (vx, vy and vz).

vz will cause the arrow to go up with negative values, and down with positive values. Default is 0 so it goes straight.
vy will cause the arrow to go higher with negative values, and lower with positive values.
vx is what you want, lower values will cause the arrow to not go as far, but they will also hit the opponent that is touching you.

This will also change the velocity of the arrow though. This is the solution @S*LuEX told me. Don't know any other right now.
[color=var(--font-color)]No update yet, but I'll talk about what I've done so far.[/color]

[color=var(--font-color)]Each update I try to do something new to challenge myself and figure out more behind modding the game. I've been messing around with stages lately and this may take a bit to get every stage I want in and look good with the size reduction. Turns out you can easily adjust their width by modifying the first "w" and the "x" for each object determines the distance from the left side with "xRepeatNo" letting you duplicate them with "x" serving as distance between. I still need to figure out how to remove objects for Phoenix Castle.[/color]

The last thing I'm trying to figure out is how to actually add characters. It's not easy, but at the very least my goal is to figure out how to put characters in the selection list. I found out that the jumps in the P-code will fix themselves once you're done with it, which makes the process easier thankfully.
I owe some major thanks to MangaD anyway for reminding me how to modify the code outside of the editor.

As far as balance changes go... I nerfed Drew and Eason a little more. I aim to at least give Drew something in return, but Eason was to make sure he has nothing excessive (like being able to travel 40% of the screen with Fierce Fists). Vivian gets some nice buffs though to her attack combo and Air Strike.
I'm still figuring out how to balance Lucas, but I did lower the breaking power for Leo's Sword Rush just slightly so he can't use it to break free in neutral. I think I might give Leo Lucas's mobility and make Lucas slightly faster so that Eason is fast while Leo is slow, with Lucas in between them to further cement his "well-rounded" nature and give him a welcome boost.
The following 1 user says Thank You to Dragon5 for this post:
  • MangaD
Okay. Sorry for taking so long for an update. Scope creep, I admit, as well as figuring out more things along the way. I'm gonna skip the changes and put everything in the major list in the first post. 

Download here