English (American)  中文(简体)

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Hero Fighter X Unofficial Change Log
I decided to look into the game with my knowledge of HF. A lot has changed; can't say I'm the biggest fan of touch controls. Overall, it's a lot more streamlined. This started from just a few hours' worth of play of digging into; some of it you already know. I hope for this to become a community effort. 
Anyway, here's your change log from what we can find in lieu of Marti's official updates. Feel free to report anything I might have wrong or post what I failed to put in here.

Jun-27-15:  MP costs for 4-star and 5-star heroes from 0.6 and 0.7 would be appreciated. I would like to see if their costs have been adjusted from the PC version.
Jun-29-15: Leo's data has been covered.

2016: Miscellaneous. Added notes I forgot I had on Livermore. He's been buffed like crazy with only slight nerfs.

[spoiler="Update Log"]
2015.05.06 - release version X

New Characters: 'Saws', 'Yaga', 'Azrael'
Unlock Characters: 'Leo', 'Swordsman Eason', 'Eason', 'Iczzy', 'Heater', 'Raye', 'Livermore'
New Modes: 'Duel', 'Team Battle', 'Mission', 'Tournament', 'Training'
New Feature: Instant Special Input (ISI) allow players to use specials moves at any given moment, including "command normals" such as Jenny's Wind Blade. The traditional input method has been removed.
Tuning: The ability to input special moves is gone; however, players can still press attack to extend repeatable moves.

New Feature: Cards allow you to power up your character
Tuning: Level cap removed. A limit is only placed for free players in which they need gems to remove it (Thanks for debunking my previous guess Relvamon)
Tuning: Experience only gained if you complete a game.
Tuning: Level System Normalized
- Heroes now have ~500 HP and 500 MP.
- Strength is removed; damage modification is based purely on level difference
- Heroes no longer gain any stats from leveling up
Tuning: Balance Changes
- Undo 0.5a Stamina adjustments: Stamina depletion and regeneration is same between characters
- All 5-star heroes start with 750 health
- Rolling costs stamina and only needs to be pressed once from a run
- Lucas's Uppercut reverted to 60% (300 MP)
- Drew's attacks slowed slightly
- S. Eason Fierce Slashes have a proper MP cost (150 MP)
- S. Eason given a unique combo: An altered second swing and a finishing power slam similar to Gordon
- Leo's Sword Rush cost lowered 10% (175 MP-125 MP) (Thanks MangaD!)
- The third hit of Leo's Sword Rush has an extreme amount of push
- Taylor's Shield MP cost increased 5% (25% MP)
- Taylor's clones cost 10 HP alongside its MP cost.
- Taylor's lasers have lower priority.
- Taylor's and Vivian's Heal grants them unlimited MP for 5 seconds if above 50% health.
- Vivian's Double Slash lowered from 20%
to 12% (~60 MP)
- Vivian's Air Strike lowered from 30% to 20% MP (100 MP) (YES!!!)
- Livermore's Homing Blasts lowered to 15% from 9% (30 MP)
- Livermore's Big Bang has a 2.5% HP penalty added (12.5 HP)
- Livermore's Demonic Beam costs 25% from 35% MP with 1.5% HP penalty (125 MP, 6.5 HP)
- Livermore's Whirlwind Kick costs 20% from 30% (50 MP)
- Characters can change direction during the startup of projectile special moves (Thanks MangaD)
Grab Mechanics reverted to pre-0.6 I need verification on this. You could walk up to a guardbroken character while standing and still grab them. I grabbed a teammate on accident in Team Battle so I ask for further testing from the community.
New Feature: Sorrow- When character is downed in a fight, a random ally associated with the character (from story) will get infinite MP for 20 seconds
New Feature: If two of the same character is present, the second character has a different outfit.
Tuning: Air mechanics are altered:
- Pressing back back will make you dash the other way and not do a backflip or even a backdash.
- Pressing the jump button has a priority order for dashing: jump, dash, skyroll, dash; jump, backdash, backflip, backdash
- Skyrolls can only be done AFTER you do a dash; pressing a direction twice does a dash from jumping.
- Cannot do any movement option if you don't have the SP anymore.
- Dashing multiple times seems to be a thing as well. (Thanks MangaD)
Adjustment: Giant Objects don't seem to be present
Tuning: Ride(e)s perform an animation when stopping from a run, thus turning around is slower
Tuning: Grabbing on a ride is done by pressing Defend, Attack instead of Up, Down, Attack (Thanks Leo Gautama)
Tuning: Make the game simpler and challenging by making:
-
AI cannot destroy boss Heroes in Story, Mission, Training; player must do so
-
Potions regenerate health a little alongside healing
- Ride(e)s are mounted by walking up to them. The same is done to pick up items (Thanks Hellblazer)

Battle Mode Improvements:
- Everyone starts with the same amount of lives and having a preset army.
- The main Hero starts on a ride(e).
- Battle map slightly condensed
- Negative money along with money penalties are also removed.
- Troops can automatically be purchased
- Killing soldiers as a team will accumulate and buff your army by 20%. Bonus lives come after 6 bonuses (NEEDS VERIFICATION) Turns out bonus lives works exactly the same as before.
- Soldiers do not refill themselves, but have to be bought again when expended.
- The ability to split an army is present. You cannot decide which half you command, so give your whole army the command you want before splitting them.
- Opponents utilize underhanded tricks to prevent easy victories (barricades, reinforcements, etc.)
- Recovery period after losing lives shortened to 20 seconds. You do not lose money either
- Destroying a base steals the team's money. Your base does not become improved anymore.
- Quitting out Battle mode counts as a LOSS (the only mode that does this)
- Correct some typos and grammatical errors of some old scripts. (Thanks MangaD!)
- Removed story languages besides English and Chinese. (Thanks MangaD!)

Oversights/bugs:
  • Characters cannot use ISI MP-less moves for situations pressing attack would do said move.

I'll be updating this as often as I can. Again, you can report what I might have wrong or have not found.
[/spoiler]
o   Pickups get a direct bonus on you you when you walk over them. No picking required.
Forgot about that. And updated with new information I found. Thanks.
Another one

• Level up now requires a constant 1000 Xp to level up. No larger xp required for larger ranks. And, i don't think that the xp drop rate changes.
(10-06-2015, 04:12 PM)Hellblazer Wrote: Another one

• Level up now requires a constant 1000 Xp to level up. No larger xp required for larger ranks. And, i don't think that the xp drop rate changes.

It's always been 1000 experience to level up. You're right on the latter part though
Yeah, at least  the drop rate does not change like hf pc which is frustrating.
I found another fact but i need to confirm bfore posting it.

@MangaD: I did not change the font size.
Maybe my phone changes it automatically, due to auto magnifier of google chrome (phone).
Minor update. Added in the Sorrow system and a few balance changes I found.
Battle Mode

- Not all heroes will start on a horse for Battle Mode, Heroes like LiverMore will start on a Triceratops, he'll also respawn on it.

- Heroes get their health refilled with extra cash bonus ($50) whenever they kill an increment of 50 enemies. Achieving this also renews the 3 lives the hero gets, so it nullifies any previous 20 second recovery with a replaced 3x 3 second recovery (assuming your hero fainted at least four times before getting 50 kills).

(General) Going to your home menu and force-shutting HFX will not count towards any loss. However, any cards used (or any EXP gained) in that stage will be removed as well.
I'll change the wording on spawning with a ridee on battle mode, but what you said is redundant to post as bonus lives existed in Hero Fighter's Battle mode on the PC.
Also now noted is Vivian's MUCH needed MP adjustments as well as the card system (because why not).

The goal here is NOT to note every single detail on the game, but make a list that describes what has changed from the PC version.

Edit: If anyone can send me the move costs of characters such as Livermore, Sinan, Eason, or the Big Three, I'd appreciate it. I'd like to compare their MP costs from the PC version to see if Marti tweaked them.
I don't really see how it's redundant since your previous log mentioned 'All heroes will start on a horse', which I felt there needed to be a correction. I never played the PC version so pardon me on that, since I played Little Fighter 2 before. 

I could help with the MP list but I might need better referrals to unlock Eason and the other Big Three. A little disappointed that Act 5 referrals is almost needed in HFX.