Hero Fighter X now works on recent Android versions, has full version enabled for everyone (this means no more level caps, energy and gems), and all heroes can be unlocked by progress - without a need for referral codes. Moreover, I expect to release a new version of Hero Fighter Workshop
later this year, that will support Hero Fighter X. This is all for Android. iOS is not changed. Since this repackaged APK is not official and is not published on Google Play, you may get a warning on your mobile that the source is not trusted. Putting it simply: if you trust me you can ignore this warning.
Note: If you get the error "There is a problem parsing the package", check out the end of this post for possible solutions.
Why have I done this and why it was necessary:
- Recent Android versions: Hero Fighter X hasn't received updates since 2015 and Android versions released after that could no longer support this outdated APK, which shipped an older runtime of Adobe AIR. Thus, the game would instantly crash on Android versions above 7.
- Full version: It appears that it was no longer possible to buy gems in the game. This means that, even if the players want to progress faster and support the author, they could not. Thus, full version has been made available for everyone, and upon clicking on the infinite gems or infinite energy icons, a message shows up saying:
Quote:This APK was repackaged by MangaD. Because it was no longer possible to buy gems, I have made full version available for everyone. However, you should support the author if you'd like to see this project continue. Any donation amount is greatly appreciated! PayPal: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thus, players are encouraged to donate to Marti Wong in order to show their appreciation for the game and motivate Marti to continue this project.
- All heroes can be unlocked: Since the game was hacked by some Chinese pirates that the referral system stopped working properly. Many players cannot even get a referral code assigned, and get the infamous "Unable to connect to the game server... Please check your network connection and try again later.". Because of this, many players were unmotivated since they could not unlock all the characters no matter what they do. Hence, I have made all the characters unlocked by progress. The list with the stages on which a specific character is unlocked is provided below.
- Modding: Modding makes the game much more fun to play, because you can create your own content. So once you've grown tired of playing the same over and over, you can create your own custom characters and stages. HF Workshop has released in 2019 with support for HF v0.7 only. But I have successfully implemented modding of older HF versions and of HFX characters. However, before I can release this new version of HF Workshop, I still need to make a few adjustments to it and implement repackaging of the APK.
- Lucas - Start
- Drew - Intro 1st match
- Shawn - Intro 3rd match
- Jenny - Act 2 Duel 1
- Taylor - Act 2 Team Fight 1
- Legge - Act 2 Tournament
- Gordon - Act 2 Duel 5
- Sinan - Act 2 Team Fight 6
- Titto - Act 3 Duel 1
- Saws - Act 3 Tournament
- Swordsman Eason - Act 3 Duel 9
- Vivian - Act 4 Duel 1
- Yaga - Act 4 Tournament
- Giggs - Act 4 Duel 10
- Leo - Act 5 Battle 4
- Iczzy, Heater or Raye - Act 5 Tournament
- Jason - Act 6 Battle 2
- Livermore - Act 6 Tournament
- Iczzy, Heater or Raye - Act 7 Mission 9
- Iczzy, Heater or Raye - Act 7 Duel 16
- Eason - Act 7 Mission 16
- Azrael - Act 7 Story
Solving "There is a problem parsing the package" error:
- Characters level 105 and above heal the enemy. Don't level up your characters too much and you'll be fine. You don't need to reach this level in order to clear the game!
- Referral codes don't work. This is not a problem anymore since all the characters can be unlocked by progress.
- Aspect ratio on wide screens - On wider screens the image does not fully stretch.
- A tester, with Android 9, has reported that the game crashes or black screen appears if you get notifications from other apps (e.g. Whatsapp) while playing. I haven't gotten this problem on my Android 7. Let me know if you get or don't get this problem and your Android version.
The reason more likely behind this is that you have downloaded the .apk from sources other than the Google Play Store, and need to Allow installation from unknown resources
Follow these steps:
1. Go to settings
on your device
2. Scroll down and click on Security
3. Check the option of "Unknown sources:
Allow installation of apps from unknown sources"
4. Now try to install the APK.
If the above does not work, try to enable USB Debugging
1. Go to Settings
, then About
or About device
or About phone
2. Scroll down to the end and you will find Software information
. Tap on it and then you'll find Build Number
, tap on it for 5-7 times. You will get the message "You are a developer now".
3. Go to Settings -> Developer options
, which has just been made available.
4. Find USB Debugging
and enable it.
5. Install the APK.
If the above does not work, then check that the file is fully downloaded and not corrupted.
If nothing works, check for more solutions here: https://www.fixcrunch.com/android-problem/there-was-a-problem-parsing-the-package/