English (American)  中文(简体)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Rejected] Shouldnt the thanks button be the like button?
I suggest that the thanks button should be changed to like. Because most of the times, u want to tell someone that u like his post and not exactly thank him for posting. I dont think this would be a big deal to change. So, I guess this can be done.
Hum, I don't really see a need for this change. :s
It can be done, but why should it be done? There is not a big difference between the meanings of "Thanks" and "Like". Also, if you like the post then you can 'thank' the poster as well.
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The meaning of life is to give life a meaning.
Stop existing. Start living.
(19-10-2014, 05:12 PM)MangaD Wrote: Hum, I don't really see a need for this change. :s
It can be done, but why should it be done? There is not a big difference between the meanings of "Thanks" and "Like". Also, if you like the post then you can 'thank' the poster as well.
I agree with the opinion :/ its just confusing when there is a thanks button instead of a Like button :/
There ain't no rest for the wicked,
Until we close our eyes for good.
Ah, rocket science, my favorite! In short, the thanks-button is meant for thanking. Shocking, I know!

In all seriousness, this is a forum, not Facebook. You don't need to like every post, though you certainly can! It just makes you seem like a total doof, and your thanks aren't taken seriously anymore.
In other words, you thank someone if their post contains something thank-worthy. Examples include, but are not limited to: An opinion you agree with and have nothing to add to, constructive criticism about your work, an useful post in general, a witty and/or funny quote (some people use it for that), or a post otherwise warranting a thank. I'm just saying this isn't a competition for attention or thanks/likes/whatever. Unlike Facebook and other social networks seem to be.

So if thanks-button wasn't intended as like-button, why is it there in the first place? Simply to reduce spam like "thanks!" or "I agree!" - please use it like that.

Just my 2 cents. Became kind of ranty, but the point is still somewhere to be found :p
The following 1 user says Thank You to Jernemies for this post:
  • MangaD
It's discussed many times in LFE.
"Thanks for replying"
"Thanks for helping"
"Thanks for complimenting"
"Thanks for the tutorials"
"Thanks for posting and sharing"
In short, it's not facebook or any other social networks, it's something worth more than random "likes" spamming. To agree or like a post made by someone, you thanked them, of course.
So, all in all, there's no point of changing it and imitate like facebook or other social networks.
Don't mind me, I'm just a walking zombie.