English (American)  中文(简体)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Google Ads removed
Finally, I have removed all the 3rd-party advertisements from Hero Fighter Empire. Whilst they did generate some revenue that could help cover the hosting expenses, I have some issues with them:

1. They clutter the website.
  2. Generally no one cares about them and they are off-topic.
  3. They cause loading problems for Chinese users due to Google being blocked in China.
  4. They generate little revenue. Let's just say that they cover about 36% of the server expenses.

It would be nice for HFE to be self-sufficient, but using 3rd-party advertisements for this purpose is something that I personally find abhorrent.

So, what will I do about it? I am considering moving HFE to my RPI4. Doing this, however, requires some extra setup (SSD disk, backup disks, cloudflare, ...) and doesn't allow me to have an e-mail server dedicated to the website (due to dynamic IP). For the time being everything will remain the same, though.  Big grin
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The meaning of life is to give life a meaning.
Stop existing. Start living.
What about advertising the mods for HF on the HFE?
Hell , maybe call up Marti and strike a deal for advertising lf2r Upside down Upside down
(25-08-2021, 05:12 AM)nikhil Wrote: What about advertising the mods for HF on the HFE?

HFE needs a download page for mods. I have yet to do this but I have been busy.

(25-08-2021, 05:12 AM)nikhil Wrote: maybe call up Marti and strike a deal for advertising lf2r

I don't think HFE has enough public to be worth using as an advertisement platform. Plus, LF2R is already mentioned on the front page. ;P
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The meaning of life is to give life a meaning.
Stop existing. Start living.