English (American)  中文(简体)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Story Editing - Ideas and Limitations
Today @BlazingGale was introducing me to a game in which he said was possible to hire troops. This made me realize that story editing and stories in HF in general have one serious limitation, which is decision making. Wouldn't it be great if we could have yes / no dialogs and multiple choice dialogs that could affect how the story unrolls?

Feel free to share your opinions and other ideas / limitations regarding HF stories.  ;)
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The meaning of life is to give life a meaning.
Stop existing. Start living.
The following 2 users say Thank You to MangaD for this post:
  • UYU PACO, SorrowAyano
(08-01-2019, 02:42 PM)MangaD Wrote: Today @BlazingGale was introducing me to a game in which he said was possible to hire troops. This made me realize that story editing and stories in HF in general have one serious limitation, which is decision making. Wouldn't it be great if we could have yes / no dialogs and multiple choice dialogs that could affect how the story unrolls?

Feel free to share your opinions and other ideas / limitations regarding HF stories.  ;)

I wouldn't want decision making as much as I want better troop coblntrol, but I guess it would be cool if you could decide if to attack or hide. For example I am sure you remember that in stage 6 our heroes ran from the enemy troops, hid, and fought them. It would have been nice if WE got to make those decisions.
There ain't no rest for the wicked,
Until we close our eyes for good.
The following 1 user says Thank You to BlazingGale for this post:
  • SorrowAyano
I like decision making. I'd prefer according to the player's decision to produce different outcomes. Not only to choose yes/no or decide to fight/hide, but also to select which characters to perform a task in the story. Such as in stage 7, players could decide Eason/Legge or Leo/Taylor which group to support the Northern Castle.
The following 2 users say Thank You to UYU PACO for this post:
  • MangaD, SorrowAyano
Answered reply (Click to View)
The example you presented would completely change the outcome of the story though :/

I don't think we should be able to make decisions that totally change the story, as in story mode we are walked through a story.
There ain't no rest for the wicked,
Until we close our eyes for good.
The following 1 user says Thank You to BlazingGale for this post:
  • SorrowAyano
@BlazingGale Not necessarily. It would be up to the story maker in my opinion. To give different possible flows to the story or just allow small decisions that do not impact the flow.
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The meaning of life is to give life a meaning.
Stop existing. Start living.
The following 1 user says Thank You to MangaD for this post:
  • SorrowAyano
Make act 8 continued
[Image: Screenshot-2020-06-23-14-39-35-282-com-vmos-web.jpg]

MangaD  edited this post 28-06-2020 08:33 PM because:

The topic of the thread is about ideas for improving story mode, not about making new stories.
Also, making an official story 8 is up to the author of the game, Marti Wong.
We are only fans, but we are already able to make our own stories and mods.
If you want to make a new story, check this thread: https://hf-empire.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=242