English (American)  中文(简体)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
HFE v2.0
Hello fellas,

You might be wondering what all this is about. "What happened to the HFE that I know? Where are the posts? Wait, where's my account?!"
Yeah, the old HFE is gone for good.

Long story made short:
- Software was outdated and vulnerable to attacks;
- Hackers got aware of this and breached HFE's security;
- The host saw this and Razen was forced to take action;
- As a result - HFE v1.0 is now gone forever.

Now what? HFE v2.0 forums are on the air. :D

The forums have been rebuilt from scratch, with the most recent software. The Mainsite is yet to be done, it will take a while, but I have great plans for it. All I can say is that it should be done before the end of this year, I am a bit busy myself.

The current HFE theme is a completely new theme that is being worked on by me and Zlyfer, it will also take a while to finish, so don't be surprised if you encounter any color changes or temporary layout weirdness.

If you desperately need anything from the old good HFE, I might be able to fetch it for you. But porting the old database backup to the new HFE just wasn't feasible and was also potentially dangerous.

Do not despair, we will build an HFE better than ever!
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The meaning of life is to give life a meaning.
Stop existing. Start living.
The following 6 users say Thank You to MangaD for this post:
  • Dragon5, Pete P., Hero Destroyer, Razen, A-MAN, Simoneon
Yeah, not really more to say here - beside:

Great work on the rebuild of HFE. After I had to delete the website I didnt think there'll be a second version of HFE, but I'm happy there is one now with an admin who can afford the time to care on the side more then I can.

From now on he got the responsibility for HFE, only the website still run on my server, together with LFE. If you got questions on content of HFE - he's your man now :)
The following 4 users say Thank You to Razen for this post:
  • MangaD, Pete P., Hero Destroyer, Electric Shock