Hero Fighter Empire - Forums
Calendar Themes - Printable Version

+- Hero Fighter Empire - Forums (https://hf-empire.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Empire Zone (https://hf-empire.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Website Improvements (https://hf-empire.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Calendar Themes (/showthread.php?tid=58)

Pages: 1 2

Calendar Themes - BlazingGale - 06-11-2014

I have a suggestion for the Calender Option.
Make the calender have "Month Themes". the month themes will be a main idea for the month. it can be a character {edits of that character, or some epic screen shot's of that character} or a move {edits of that move or some cool looking screen shot of that move} or it can be like a cool gif that for every day spot there will be a photo that continued the other photo. the way the calender themes will work is that insted of the casual boring square spots there will be photos placed in them {and to make the number more clear maybe put a big number in the middle}
examples:
Character - theme of the month: Drew. there can be placed some edited characters that are made from drew or some cool pics of him.
Moves: theme of the month: Air Blades. Some edited pics of the lover and well known air blade move. for example maybe a fire air blade, or a lightning air blade. or there can be some cool pics of air blade clashing with other moves like swordsman eason air blade calashes with the orange air blade.
gif - for example: drew run's. first he stands, in the next photo he starts to run, in the next photo the next frame of the runing and so on.

RE: Calendar Themes - MangaD - 08-11-2014

Whilst I like the idea of customizing the forum calendar with HF looks, I didn't find any MyBB plugin that serves this purpose, nor anything close.

Considering that there is still a lot of stuff to be done here, I'll be disregarding this suggestion, for now, as it is impractical. However, when the base of HFE is settled and firmly built (that is, when we have a complete Mainsite and Forum running without problems), please remind me of this again, I'll look into it with more care.

PS: I split your post into a new thread, because it is a suggestion for the forums and not the Mainsite, also it deserves its own thread. ;)

RE: Calendar Themes - zlyfer - 01-03-2015

Indeed. This is a great idea, I think. We're planning to insert pictures for each month. Our problem is; we are very busy at the moment. So we want to ask if you (all members of HFE) may send your own pictures about Hero Fighter to us, so we can use them. The pictures will be added to the calendar then. So if anyone of you wants to make cool screenshots/edits of Hero Fighter for a specific month, feel free to post them here. :) In each picture you may insert something related to special events in the specific month. As example: Something christmas-related in December. The greatest and coolest picture will be added so - do your best. :D
Let the posting begin. :P

~zlyfer

RE: Calendar Themes - BlazingGale - 22-03-2015

(01-03-2015, 06:00 PM)zlyfer Wrote: Indeed. This is a great idea, I think. We're planning to insert pictures for each month. Our problem is; we are very busy at the moment. So we want to ask if you (all members of HFE) may send your own pictures about Hero Fighter to us, so we can use them. The pictures will be added to the calendar then. So if anyone of you wants to make cool screenshots/edits of Hero Fighter for a specific month, feel free to post them here. :) In each picture you may insert something related to special events in the specific month. As example: Something christmas-related in December. The greatest and coolest picture will be added so - do your best. :D

~zlyfer

first of all thank you very much for the good words :) secondly i can provide you with a lot of cool screen shots and expecially some very cool edits that i make on my own. just tell me the theme you want for the month and i will provide you with the best pictures i have acording to this theme and if i don't have any, or not enough, i will make some more :) for example is the monthly theme is fire, i will probably be your best source of pictures since i've made SO many fire edit pictures. you can see some of my work here: https://hf-empire.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=30

so basically i will be really glad to provide you with the needed pictures. If you do want me to, contact me privately or where ever you may see fit. thank you for you time sir, and have a good day.

RE: Calendar Themes - Hellblazer - 22-03-2015

I suggest we could create some Manga graphics thumbnails which would look nice or also we could simply find some good ones on the net. :)

RE: Calendar Themes - zlyfer - 22-03-2015

(22-03-2015, 08:19 AM)Denis Gruzmark Wrote:
(01-03-2015, 06:00 PM)zlyfer Wrote: Indeed. This is a great idea, I think. We're planning to insert pictures for each month. Our problem is; we are very busy at the moment. So we want to ask if you (all members of HFE) may send your own pictures about Hero Fighter to us, so we can use them. The pictures will be added to the calendar then. So if anyone of you wants to make cool screenshots/edits of Hero Fighter for a specific month, feel free to post them here. :) In each picture you may insert something related to special events in the specific month. As example: Something christmas-related in December. The greatest and coolest picture will be added so - do your best. :D

~zlyfer

first of all thank you very much for the good words :) secondly i can provide you with a lot of cool screen shots and expecially some very cool edits that i make on my own. just tell me the theme you want for the month and i will provide you with the best pictures i have acording to this theme and if i don't have any, or not enough, i will make some more :) for example is the monthly theme is fire, i will probably be your best source of pictures since i've made SO many fire edit pictures. you can see some of my work here: https://hf-empire.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=30

so basically i will be really glad to provide you with the needed pictures. If you do want me to, contact me privately or where ever you may see fit. thank you for you time sir, and have a good day.
Hey Denis,
I got your pm and read it, I also read your post here as well. I'm glad that you want to help us! Thank you. :D You asked me to choose a month and a theme for you so you can start your work. So I think it'll be better if you choose a month and make a collection of picture/screenshots/edits/etc. of your art and present them to me. I'll make a list with month and the themes for them so I can be sure that no one will create a collection of a already token month. So just choose any month and I'll claim it for you. :P Perhaps you may choose another month when you finished your work, since the offers of fanarts is very low.
I think you will do well with the collection since I saw your Photoshop timelapse-videos (already subscribed). :D Again thank you! :)

-zlyfer

P.S. You don't have to call me 'sir'. Just call me zlyfer or "bro", if you agree to it. :)

RE: Calendar Themes - MangaD - 22-03-2015

Hey guys, sorry to break your enthusiasm but I have something slightly different in mind.

Before jumping into monthly themes, we should first get hold of good quality artwork, preferentially not OC's. I prefer drawings over edits sorry.

E.g.:

[Image: the_big_three_by_prince_freeza-d74375f.png]   [Image: hero_fighter_drew_fanart_by_baer_unmei-d8ai0hi.png]   [Image: jenny___hf_by_uvina-d7mwnnj.png]      [Image: 28b7eeab9a25b0bddef9fc350925cf38-d7ohulr.png]   [Image: lf2_hf___henry_and_shawn_by_mishustuff-d5d0non.png]

Preferentially, the picture should be 1100x560px with transparent background or fading to a redish background.

RE: Calendar Themes - Hellblazer - 22-03-2015

(22-03-2015, 12:50 PM)MangaD Wrote: Hey guys, sorry to break your enthusiasm but I have something slightly different in mind.

Before jumping into monthly themes, we should first get hold of good quality artwork, preferentially not OC's. I prefer drawings over edits sorry.

E.g.:
[Image: the_big_three_by_prince_freeza-d74375f.png]   [Image: hero_fighter_drew_fanart_by_baer_unmei-d8ai0hi.png]   [Image: jenny___hf_by_uvina-d7mwnnj.png]      [Image: 28b7eeab9a25b0bddef9fc350925cf38-d7ohulr.png]   [Image: lf2_hf___henry_and_shawn_by_mishustuff-d5d0non.png]

Preferentially, the picture should be 1100x560px with transparent background or fading to a redish background.

hmm.. so mangad, zlyfer; what are the plans are u both gonna create it all yourself? :(

RE: Calendar Themes - zlyfer - 22-03-2015

(22-03-2015, 02:05 PM)Appendix Wrote:
(22-03-2015, 12:50 PM)MangaD Wrote: Hey guys, sorry to break your enthusiasm but I have something slightly different in mind.

E.g.:

hmm.. so mangad, zlyfer; what are the plans are u both gonna create it all yourself? :(

Appendix, we'll (MangaD, unless he explains me how to do it.) receive the collections of the community and insert them into the calender.

RE: Calendar Themes - BlazingGale - 10-06-2015

E.g.:

MangaD. Well first it won't be fair if only drawings and not edits or funny pics could be uploaded ::/t is really unfair for the people who don't know how to draw or create sprites {AKA me :p} but can make good edits {AKA me :p}
About the other things. when I make my edits I make them all in 3 versions: A PSD file that has all the layers {For personal use in a time of need}, A finished and merged photo with no background, and a finished photo with background {Usually black}. Also I assure you that my edits have the second best {If not THE best} quality that can be achieved. I always work ton the base of my edits for atleast an hour after I erase the background to get the highest quality I can get {I do it by using parts from the character in the character list, which have the highest quality, and matching them to the movement and such}. about the size part, most of my edits aren't that big, but since the high quality, you can easily stretch them to fit the needed size if you mark them as a "Smart Object" in photoshop. and the strongest point for why I think I can be of use to you in this matter is because I am 100% sure that I am the most active and most reliable source for a constant stream of edits and such {Not Bragging btw. I am sure that almost all people can agree that I am the most active artist in the group AND in the HF Empire}

Did I succeed in changing your mind? I hope I did. :) . Have a good day 

(22-03-2015, 12:09 PM)zlyfer Wrote:
(22-03-2015, 08:19 AM)Denis Gruzmark Wrote:

~zlyfer

Hey Denis,
I got your pm and read it, I also read your post here as well. I'm glad that you want to help us! Thank you. :D You asked me to choose a month and a theme for you so you can start your work. So I think it'll be better if you choose a month and make a collection of picture/screenshots/edits/etc. of your art and present them to me. I'll make a list with month and the themes for them so I can be sure that no one will create a collection of a already token month. So just choose any month and I'll claim it for you. :P Perhaps you may choose another month when you finished your work, since the offers of fanarts is very low.
I think you will do well with the collection since I saw your Photoshop timelapse-videos (already subscribed). :D Again thank you! :)

-zlyfer

P.S. You don't have to call me 'sir'. Just call me zlyfer or "bro", if you agree to it. :)

Hello again lol. Sorry for not replying to your reply. I did not check on HFE for quite a long time {Any plans of making a notification system in your browser toolbar?}. Thanks a lot for your support {And subscribing to my youtube Chanel channel (Y) } as for what month I want to choose. I am swinging between july and december... Fire and lightning edits are my expertise, So normally July would fit my desire, but that would just be WAY to easy, and I seek a challenge. December is my favorite month of the year {I love the cold} but it is so far and I am not very experienced with ice effects and edits about ice, But it would definitely provide a good challenge and a LOT of fun. So I gusses it comes up to this: Do you want to receive fast production or do you don't mind waiting till december?