Hero Fighter Empire - Forums

Full Version: Google Ads removed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Finally, I have removed all the 3rd-party advertisements from Hero Fighter Empire. Whilst they did generate some revenue that could help cover the hosting expenses, I have some issues with them:

1. They clutter the website.
  2. Generally no one cares about them and they are off-topic.
  3. They cause loading problems for Chinese users due to Google being blocked in China.
  4. They generate little revenue. Let's just say that they cover about 36% of the server expenses.

It would be nice for HFE to be self-sufficient, but using 3rd-party advertisements for this purpose is something that I personally find abhorrent.

So, what will I do about it? I am considering moving HFE to my RPI4. Doing this, however, requires some extra setup (SSD disk, backup disks, cloudflare, ...) and doesn't allow me to have an e-mail server dedicated to the website (due to dynamic IP). For the time being everything will remain the same, though.  Big grin
What about advertising the mods for HF on the HFE?
Hell , maybe call up Marti and strike a deal for advertising lf2r Upside down Upside down
(25-08-2021, 05:12 AM)nikhil Wrote: [ -> ]What about advertising the mods for HF on the HFE?

HFE needs a download page for mods. I have yet to do this but I have been busy.

(25-08-2021, 05:12 AM)nikhil Wrote: [ -> ]maybe call up Marti and strike a deal for advertising lf2r

I don't think HFE has enough public to be worth using as an advertisement platform. Plus, LF2R is already mentioned on the front page. ;P