Hero Fighter Empire - Forums

Full Version: Story Editing - Ideas and Limitations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Today was introducing me to a game in which he said was possible to hire troops. This made me realize that story editing and stories in HF in general have one serious limitation, which is decision making. Wouldn't it be great if we could have yes / no dialogs and multiple choice dialogs that could affect how the story unrolls?

Feel free to share your opinions and other ideas / limitations regarding HF stories.  ;)
(08-01-2019, 02:42 PM)MangaD Wrote: [ -> ]Today was introducing me to a game in which he said was possible to hire troops. This made me realize that story editing and stories in HF in general have one serious limitation, which is decision making. Wouldn't it be great if we could have yes / no dialogs and multiple choice dialogs that could affect how the story unrolls?

Feel free to share your opinions and other ideas / limitations regarding HF stories.  ;)

I wouldn't want decision making as much as I want better troop coblntrol, but I guess it would be cool if you could decide if to attack or hide. For example I am sure you remember that in stage 6 our heroes ran from the enemy troops, hid, and fought them. It would have been nice if WE got to make those decisions.
I like decision making. I'd prefer according to the player's decision to produce different outcomes. Not only to choose yes/no or decide to fight/hide, but also to select which characters to perform a task in the story. Such as in stage 7, players could decide Eason/Legge or Leo/Taylor which group to support the Northern Castle.
Answered reply (Click to View)
The example you presented would completely change the outcome of the story though :/

I don't think we should be able to make decisions that totally change the story, as in story mode we are walked through a story.
Not necessarily. It would be up to the story maker in my opinion. To give different possible flows to the story or just allow small decisions that do not impact the flow.
Make act 8 continued
[Image: Screenshot-2020-06-23-14-39-35-282-com-vmos-web.jpg]